Support our Global Giving campaign
On December 3 our fundraising campaign in support of the rehabilitation program Solidarnost started on the international platform Global Giving.
Our goal is to raise $5,000 from 40 donor minimum until December 31, 2019 in order to be permanently featured on GlobalGiving’s website, where we have the potential to benefit from corporate relationships, exposure to a new donor network, and access to dozens of online fundraising tools. All funds raised will support the activities of the program. Your donations will ensure that the participants in the program will have the opportunity to complete their rehabilitation and continue their lives without drug or alcohol use or gambling.
You can read the stories of some of the people who have successfully completed our program here.
The Solidarnost day program was created 16 years ago based on the therapeutic community model and is the only one of its kind in Sofia, Bulgaria’s capital. The participants are at the day center every work day from 9 am to 5 pm which means that the rehabilitation process is very intense and has the benefits of a therapeutic community. During their participation in the program they achieve a better understanding of themselves and the personal difficulties that led to their addiction, explore and develop their potential, learn how to cope with the desire to use substances or to gamble, how to recognize and express their emotions and experiences constructively, how to build healthy relationships with others and most importantly how to practice self-care.
The main difference in comparison to therapeutic communities is that the person is not cut off from his or her parents, children or spouse and important activities for their overall development – for example night school or other education, part-time work and so on. This also means that they can practice in real life what they learn in the program and gradually become more confident and skilled in coping with their day-to-day lives without alcohol, drugs or gambling. This is the reason why we work actively with the people they interact intensely – their parents, relatives and spouses.
Your support will enable us to continue providing high-quality professional help to those who need it. Donate or share our campaign with your network!
- 75 causes are looking for support in “Bulgaria Donates” campaign from March 22 to March 31
- Support our Global Giving campaign
- SKEPDAH comes to its end – download our curricula
- SKEPDAH Project meets to talk about Dissemination of this projects outputs
- SKEPDAH Project Partners meet to discuss Dual Diagnosis and Helpline Work
- SKEPDAH Project meets to talk about New Psychoactive Substances and Helpline Work
- SKEPDAH Project has its first exchange meeting on Helpline skills and burnout prevention
- We would like to invite you to the charity exhibition “Help us to grow”
- The Skills and Knowledge Exchange Project for Drug and Alcohol Helplines has started
- International Women’s Club supports indigent people, disabled by narcotic or alcohol addiction
- ECEtt Conference in Warsaw
- International Women’s Club supports the treatment of people suffering from addiction
- “Posoka House” opened its doors on 19 January 2016
- Workshop on the occasion of the 10th Anniversary of the „Solidarnost“ Association
We celebrate again!
Today we have another occasion to celebrate. One of our clients successfully completed the rehabilitation program „Solidarnost“, observing the anti-epidemic measures – 09 July 2020.
IN THE BEGINNING I DID NOT BELIEVE I COULD BE CURED
All starts are difficult, so was this one – to accept that you are addicted and to start treatment.