We have been treating addictions since 2003
We need your help - because behind every donation stands the fate of a human being
The main activity of Fracarita Bulgaria Association is rehabilitation and resocialization of alcohol, drug addicts and gambling, which is implemented by the Solidarity Program. The program was established in 2003 and employs psychologists with extensive experience in recovering from addictions.
The Solidarity Program offers a clean, sheltered environment that does not allow the use of drugs and alcohol as well as the violence.
To register for a primary consultation, you can contact us at the following phone numbers between 9:00 and 17:00 every working day:
Since 2009, the Information and Consultation Center “Ambassadors of Hope” has been operating the National Drugs, Alcohol and Gambling Helpline (NDAGH).
Telephone line: 0888-99-18-66
This is our section for information, consultation and preparation for participation in the rehabilitation program. We can answer questions, connected to the dependence, psychoactive substances and places for treatment and rehabilitation in Bulgaria.
Seminars and trainings
Our aim is to provide professional psychological assistance and support to people searching for solutions to various personality, life and professional problems, caused by addictions and other personality disorders and real life hardships (anxiety, depression, loss, panic disorder, anorexia, bulimia, difficulties in the family or problems with the partner) through psychological consultations and training.
Who we are
Fracarita Bulgaria is the new name of Solidarnost Association. Fracarita Bulgaria is a nonprofit organization in public interest.
We started Solidarnost program to meet the needs of people struggling with drug and alcohol addiction and problem gambling, as well as their families and relatives.
The program aims at:
- Rehabilitation and social reintegration of drug addicts leading to autonomous living.
- Support and consultations for clients’ parents and relatives.
- Information and consulting, popularization of Solidarnost’s cause.
- In 2003, Solidarnost Program was started by the Association for Fight against Epidemic Diseases and Drug Addictions.
- In 2004, we started working with parents and relatives of the clients.
- In 2006, the Information and Consultancy Center Ambassadors of Hope was established.
- In 2006, Solidarnost Program went under the management of Association for Rehabilitation of Addicted People Solidarnost.
- In 2008, the National Drugs, Alcohol and Gambling Helpline was started.
- In 2015, the low-threshold center Posoka was established and functioned till May 2019.
- In 2017, Solidarnost Association changed its name to Fracarita Bulgaria.
More information about the formation of the different structures of the organization can be found on “Projects” menu.
Structure of the Organization
Fracarita Bulgaria’s main activity is the rehabilitation and resocialization program for people suffering from addiction Solidarnost. The program is staffed with experienced psychologists in the field of addiction.
Other projects of the organization:
- Information and Consultancy Center Ambassadors of Hope.
- National Drugs, Alcohol and Gambling Helpline, www.drugsinfo-bg.org.
Solidarnost Program is established in accordance with the standards of the National Anti-Drug Strategy and the current international best practices. Our rehabilitation program has been approved by the National Centre for Addictions and we possess a Registration cerificate for the provision of social services by the Social Services Agency to the Ministry of Labor and Social Policy.
Supervision and Monitoring
Our Program is supervised by Dr. Kimon Ganev (clinical and team supervision). Family counselling is supervised by Zlatka Mihova (New Bulgarian University). The National Center for Addictions monitors our activities, which guarantees the adherence to the best practices guidelines.
Fracarita Bulgaria is a member of the European Federation of Therapeutic Communities (EFTC), the European Foundation of Drug Helplines (FESAT), the European Companionship in Education, training by travel (ECEtt), and the National Patient`s Organization (NPO).
SKEPDAH comes to its end – download our curricula
Download the New Curricula for Drug and Alcohol Helpline Workers!
SKEPDAH Project meets to talk about Dissemination of this projects outputs
The final meeting of this project took place in Larnaca, Cyprus on June 18th and 19th 2018.
The clients of „Solidarnost“ Program are preparing savoury lunch during workshop Kitchen – 21 August 2019.
From banal, ugly, sick and degrading, the story about my addiction to drugs has become a story about joy and satisfaction from being myself and living my life. Of course…