International Women’s Club supports indigent people, disabled by narcotic or alcohol addiction
At the end of February 2017, the charity foundation of International Women’s Club – Sofia (http://iwc-sofia.org/) donated the sum of 9,924 levs to support the project “Access to medical services for indigent people, disabled by narcotic and/or alcohol addiction”.
The project, which has the duration of 12 months, is carried out by the Low-threshold Center “Posoka House” (“Direction” House) of “Fracarita Bulgaria” Association (www.solidarnost-bg.org).
The project has three main goals:
1. Improving the overall health of the clients by:
• Providing them basic nutrition (bread, fresh fruits), dietary supplements, vitamins and general non-prescription medications (such as aspirin etc.);
• Providing condoms and lubricants for prevention of sexually transmitted infections (STIs), HIV/AIDS, Hepatitis B and C etc.
2. Assuring access to medical consultations and examinations, laboratory assessment, accurate diagnostics in licensed medical centre and covering the expense of those services on monthly basis:
• Primary medical examinations – 3 per month;
• Secondary medical examinations – 3 per month;
• Consultations on laboratory results – 3 per month;
• Ultrasonography ( hearth, abdomen, breasts or thyroid) – 2 per month;
• Laboratory tests – depending on the required tests up to 200 leva per month.
3. Providing the medications prescribed by a doctor after consultation/examination:
• Medications like antibiotics or others, prescribed by a doctor, according to the treated condition.
About the Low-threshold Center “Posoka House”
“Posoka” House is a structure of “Fracarita Bulgaria” Association and provides social services aimed at people who use drugs and/or alcohol and have not yet decided to engage in treatment. It aims to improve their quality of life.
“Posoka” House works with clients three days a week – Tuesday, Wednesday and Friday from 10:00 to 15:00 o’clock.
In the center, the clients can find shelter within the working hours, support in a clean environment, as well as a washing machine and dryer, hot drinks, and upon request – psychiatric, psychological or legal advice.
With regard to the needs of the clients who are not covered by the services of the center, it is provided connection and accompaniment to other institutions and organizations.
The goals of “Posoka” House are to reduce the health and social harms from drug abuse through direct interventions, targeting the risky behavior of addicts and ensuring better conditions for their social functioning.
The service is anonymous and free of charge.
To contact “Posoka” House:
Address: Sofia, 109 Slivnitsa Boulevard
Mobile: 0883 389 930
- SKEPDAH comes to its end – download our curricula
- SKEPDAH Project meets to talk about Dissemination of this projects outputs
- SKEPDAH Project Partners meet to discuss Dual Diagnosis and Helpline Work
- SKEPDAH Project meets to talk about New Psychoactive Substances and Helpline Work
- SKEPDAH Project has its first exchange meeting on Helpline skills and burnout prevention
- We would like to invite you to the charity exhibition “Help us to grow”
- The Skills and Knowledge Exchange Project for Drug and Alcohol Helplines has started
- International Women’s Club supports indigent people, disabled by narcotic or alcohol addiction
- ECEtt Conference in Warsaw
- International Women’s Club supports the treatment of people suffering from addiction
- “Posoka House” opened its doors on 19 January 2016
- Workshop on the occasion of the 10th Anniversary of the „Solidarnost“ Association
The clients of „Solidarnost“ Program are preparing savoury lunch during workshop Kitchen – 21 August 2019.
From banal, ugly, sick and degrading, the story about my addiction to drugs has become a story about joy and satisfaction from being myself and living my life. Of course…