International Women’s Club supports the treatment of people suffering from addiction
In March 2016 the charity foundation of International Women’s Club – Sofia (http://iwc-sofia.org/) donated the sum of 5,000 levs to support the activity of Association for rehabilitation of dependent people (www.solidarnost-bg.org).
With the help of the donation three people experiencing financial difficulties will have the opportunity to receive treatment for the next 12 months in the rehabilitation program for people addicted to drugs, alcohol or gambling of Solidarnost.
The donation will cover a part of the expenses of the three people for their participation in the program.
About the program for rehabilitation of people suffering from addiction Solidarnost:
Solidarnost Association works in the field of psychosocial rehabilitation of people addicted to drugs, alcohol or gambling.
Its primary activity is to develop a rehabilitation and resocialization program for people suffering from addictions. The program of Solidarnost is a day therapeutic community (open non-residential program) created in 2003 and has a broad experience with the treatment of addictions.
Drug, alcohol and gambling addictions are disorders of the behavior, which impair the normal functioning of the person in the society. Because of that, the program is focused on learning and behavioral change.
The program functions as a day center – the people in it are at the center between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. every weekday. During this time, they participate in different ateliers, discussions and educational seminars, pedagogical and therapeutic groups, share their difficulties caused by their drug and alcohol use or gambling and look for alternatives to the addiction.
The program is free of drugs, alcohol and violence and offers a clean, safe environment where people in a small group with the same problem learn to help each other, to accept themselves as they are, to understand themselves and to express their needs. Despite their fear that they are not going to succeed, they receive acceptance, support and cooperation when dealing with life problems and training in social skills from the group and the team.
The optimal duration of the rehabilitation process is 12 months followed by at least 6 months of resocialization.
To contact Solidarnost Association:
Phone: 02/971 99 20
Mobile: 0884 38 99 30, 0879 47 42 24
- 75 causes are looking for support in “Bulgaria Donates” campaign from March 22 to March 31
- Support our Global Giving campaign
- SKEPDAH comes to its end – download our curricula
- SKEPDAH Project meets to talk about Dissemination of this projects outputs
- SKEPDAH Project Partners meet to discuss Dual Diagnosis and Helpline Work
- SKEPDAH Project meets to talk about New Psychoactive Substances and Helpline Work
- SKEPDAH Project has its first exchange meeting on Helpline skills and burnout prevention
- We would like to invite you to the charity exhibition “Help us to grow”
- The Skills and Knowledge Exchange Project for Drug and Alcohol Helplines has started
- International Women’s Club supports indigent people, disabled by narcotic or alcohol addiction
- ECEtt Conference in Warsaw
- International Women’s Club supports the treatment of people suffering from addiction
- “Posoka House” opened its doors on 19 January 2016
- Workshop on the occasion of the 10th Anniversary of the „Solidarnost“ Association
We celebrate again!
Today we have another occasion to celebrate. One of our clients successfully completed the rehabilitation program „Solidarnost“, observing the anti-epidemic measures – 09 July 2020.
IN THE BEGINNING I DID NOT BELIEVE I COULD BE CURED
All starts are difficult, so was this one – to accept that you are addicted and to start treatment.