SKEPDAH comes to its end – download our curricula
Download the New Curricula for Drug and Alcohol Helpline Workers!
We have come a long way since the SKEPDAH Partnership kicked of in January 2017 and tried to keep you informed and involved with every step via the News section on this website.
This month sees the end of the project. The partners look back with great satisfaction and are proud to present the 3 Training Curricula that they developed via exchange, dialogue and try-out.
They are available for onward free use and re-use by Drug and Alcohol Helplines, as well as by similar services anywhere in the world under an Open License.
The choice of the topics of each curriculum was based on a survey on training and capacity needs amongst the Helplines involved in the FESAT-network. Therefore, the SKEPDAH-partners hope that the curricula will be an inspiring resource for all involved in Alcohol and Drug Helpline work or Helpline work in general. Each curriculum aims to provide a framework, with supporting resources and ideas for good practice.
Download the pdf’s here below or in our Projects section where they will remain available on a long term.
This Curriculum on New Psychoactive Substances (NPS) provides a framework, with supporting resources and ideas for good practice to:
- Raise awareness of NPS in Helpline Work;
- Develop Confidence, Knowledge and Skills to effectively respond to NPS queries.
This Curriculum on Burnout provides a framework, with supporting resources and ideas for good practice to:
- Raise awareness of Burnout in Helpline Work;
- Develop Strategies to build Resilience and Prevent or Address Burnout.
This Curriculum on Co-occuring Substance Use & Mental Health Issues provides a framework, with supporting resources and ideas for good practice to:
- Raise awareness of co-occurring Substance Use & Mental Health Issues (Dual Diagnosis);
- Develop Confidence, Knowledge and Skills to effectively respond to Dual Diagnosis queries.
With input of not only Drug Helplines
Eight Drug and Alcohol Helplines involved in FESAT took part in SKEPDAH: they include Ireland (Drugs/HIV Helpline), Belgium (VAD, De DrugLijn), Bulgaria (Fracarita Bulgaria, National Drugs, Alcohol and Gambling Helpline), Portugal (SICAD), Cyprus (PERSEAS), Norway (RUStelefonen), The Netherlands (Trimbos Instituut, Drugs Infolijn), and Germany (Basis e.V.). The nineth but no less important partner is the Training Exchange Ltd, UK – a company specialized in training and consultancy for mental health, social care and addiction services.
Made possible by Erasmus+ funding
This project wouldn’t have been possible without Erasmus+, the EU program for education, training, youth and sport. SKEPDAH project was a so-called Strategic partnership under Key Action 2 (KA2) of Erasmus+ which focusses on innovation and good practices.
Strategic partnerships are transnational projects designed to develop and share innovative practices and promote cooperation, peer learning, and exchanges of experiences in the fields of education, training, and youth. These objectives are perfectly in line with the main aims that FESAT itself tries to achieve.
Learn more about Erasmus+.
- 75 causes are looking for support in “Bulgaria Donates” campaign from March 22 to March 31
- Support our Global Giving campaign
- SKEPDAH comes to its end – download our curricula
- SKEPDAH Project meets to talk about Dissemination of this projects outputs
- SKEPDAH Project Partners meet to discuss Dual Diagnosis and Helpline Work
- SKEPDAH Project meets to talk about New Psychoactive Substances and Helpline Work
- SKEPDAH Project has its first exchange meeting on Helpline skills and burnout prevention
- We would like to invite you to the charity exhibition “Help us to grow”
- The Skills and Knowledge Exchange Project for Drug and Alcohol Helplines has started
- International Women’s Club supports indigent people, disabled by narcotic or alcohol addiction
- ECEtt Conference in Warsaw
- International Women’s Club supports the treatment of people suffering from addiction
- “Posoka House” opened its doors on 19 January 2016
- Workshop on the occasion of the 10th Anniversary of the „Solidarnost“ Association
Charity photography exhibition “TOGETHER ON THE ROAD…”
With excitement and joy we opened on September 24, 2020, the Charity photography exhibition “TOGETHER ON THE ROAD…”, held in support of the National Drugs, Alcohol and Gambling Helpline. We…
IN THE BEGINNING I DID NOT BELIEVE I COULD BE CURED
All starts are difficult, so was this one – to accept that you are addicted and to start treatment.